Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Philippines' Controversial Reproductive Health Bill

The Philippines, predominantly Catholic, generally opposes the passage of the Reproductive Health Bill (RH) which promotes, among other things, access to contraceptives and other family planning methods. The Catholic Church is opposing its passing because it is immoral. The Church has its obligation to uphold the morality of the people.

Learn more about the RH bill and its contention. Click here

One of the secretaries of the Philippine president said that the president should be above faith. Meaning, above God?

I would like to share this line from a poster read by Dr. Ligaya Acosta, a guest on Reproductive Health Bill at DZMM:
"There is only one God, quit applying for his position".
Her parting words:

"Learn our faith and live by it."

Below are the opposing views on the RH bill:

Health Secretary Enrique Ona had testified at the hearing that the health ministry was seeking 400 million pesos (9 million dollars) to buy contraceptives for the poor next year.

"I will move for the (budget) cut of the contraceptives. All of it," said Sotto.
Senate President Juan Ponce Enrile echoed Sotto's sentiments.

"I might have to cut that. I will cut family planning... condoms, pills and injectable material. We will remove all of that," he said.

Enrile said the money allocated for birth control could instead be used to help government hospitals and to control diseases such as malaria and leprosy.

Click here for the news

I praise Senators Sotto and Enrile for their stand.

To the President, his cabinet secretaries and our legislators:

Psalm 119:133

Direct my footsteps according to your word;
let no sin rule over me.
Redeem me from the oppression of men,
that I may obey your precepts.

Our God's message:

"am a God of Justice and My Eyes have grown weary watching hypocrisy, atheism, immorality; My creation has become, in its decadence, a replica of what Sodom was; I will thunder you with My Justice as I have thundered the Sodomites; repent, creation, before I come;"

tlig

Mama Mary's Messages

THE MORALS

"My child and My children, you understand it is a known fact that when the morals of a country fall, that country will be destroyed in one way or another. Wars are always a punishment for man's sins." - Our Lady, June 18, 1992

tldm

"A great war will erupt suddenly, such as has not been seen from the beginning of creation. Countries shall disappear in moments from the face of the earth....
"I come to you as a Protectress of peace. Unless you repent of your abortions, the murders of the unborn, and return to lives of prayer and contemplation of the mysteries of the Eternal Father, given by writings—the Bible, the Book of life and love—I cannot save you from the conflagration that lies ahead." - Our Lady, October 2, 1990

tldm

No comments:

Post a Comment